Reduce Your Assembly Time by 50%
Consider using rigid flex circuits for your next project and achieve enhanced prototype performance and reliability. These two-in-one compositions combine the best features of rigid boards and flex circuits to allow better quality control and higher component density. Present in most electronics today, rigid flex variants have seen explosive growth in recent years. The versatility of these combination PCBs supports simple and complex applications for medical devices, aerospace, military equipment, and more.
Read about the benefits of rigid flex printed circuit board applications below.
Advantages of Rigid Flex Circuitry
- Flexible design options: Flex circuits accept any component or connector that can be assembled to a rigid PCB design supporting highly complex configurations. Designs are rigid where extra support is needed and flexible around corners and areas that need more space.
- Package size and weight reduction: Combining rigid boards with flex circuits allows you to streamline your design for reduced package size and weight. You can build circuitry to fit your device instead of the other way around.
- High-density applications: Manufacturers are constantly under pressure to include more high-end technology in less material and space. “Controlled impedance” designs in rigid flex circuits support denser device population and lighter conductors, thus allowing space for more product features.
- Reduced parts and interconnections: When compared to the traditional variety, this newer type of circuit board requires fewer parts, connections and connector assemblies, thus increasing process yield.
- Connection reliability: Having fewer interconnects reduces the sources of potential failure, thereby increasing reliability. The ductility and low mass of flex circuits reduce the impact of vibration and shock contributing to improved product performance. Learn more ways to minimize premature circuit failure.
- Reduced assembly cost: Using fewer parts and connections lowers purchasing and assembly costs. It also helps eliminate risks within your supply chain. We recommend a prototype feasibility analysis to shave months from your total development time and reduce production costs significantly. Our experts pinpoint these five factors to assess prototype feasibility.
Rigid flex PCBs can reduce complexity and improve reliability. However, successful deployment requires a keen understanding of the technology and a close collaboration between your circuit board designer and fabricator. Choose an experienced PCB assembly company to work with.
Dependable Rigid Flex Circuit Board Applications in Half the Time
At Power Design Services, we offer turnkey solutions from layout review to PCB assembly and inventory control. The addition of approximately 5,000 sq. ft. to our existing 8,000-square foot, ESD-controlled plant allows us to handle twice the volume of electronic prototypes. We can cut your production time in half! If you need express assembly in Silicon Valley, we deliver special requests in 24 hours. From our facility that is minutes away from the San Jose International airport, we serve manufacturers across the country. With ITAR and ISO-9000 certifications, we guarantee output quality and strive to keep your business for years.
Request a quote for rigid flex printed circuit board applications. Call Power Design Services at 408-437-1931 and talk to our team of PCB experts.