Accurate Prototypes to Match Wearable Fitness Device Trends
Reduce Manufacturing Time and Cost with Rapid Prototyping
If you are a manufacturer of wearable devices in the process of developing a prototype, it is time to ramp up production and reach the market before your competitors. Speed to market and cost-efficiencies will help you benefit from the growing wearable fitness device trends.
Recent data provided by the International Data Corporation (IDC) Worldwide Quarterly Wearable Device Tracker* revealed that the total shipment volume in the first quarter of 2016 registered a whopping increase of 67.2% over the number of units shipped in the same quarter of 2015. Multiple fitness trackers and smart watches introduced at technology shows and post-holiday price reductions were deemed among the major reasons for the continued demand. A senior research analyst at IDC also clarified that basic wearables and smart watches were not in competition and both were essential to expanding the market.
Here is a brief summary of *IDC’s findings on the worldwide wearable manufacturing leaders.
Top 5 Vendors Leading the Wearable Fitness Device Trends
- Fitbit continued to be the market leader in fitness trackers. The reason—its new Alta and Blaze fashion-oriented fitness trackers sold in millions. A well-demarcated portfolio, pricing strategy, and strong brand accounted for Fitbit’s success.
- Xiaomi displaced Apple to take the no.2 spot solely based on its sales in China. This was made possible with the inclusion of heart rate monitoring in its line of inexpensive fitness trackers and a kid’s watch that helps parents track their children.
- The total volume and revenue of the Apple Watch was far behind that of its iPhone, iPad, and Mac product lines and did not help improve their sales either.
- Garmin wristbands and watches kept it ahead of Samsung. It launched Varia Vision In-Sight Display, its first eyeworn device for cyclists as well as two fitness trackers with the vivoactive HR and the vivofit 3.
- Samsung and BBK tied for fifth place. The Gear S2 and Gear S2 Classic smartwatch accounted for Samsung’s success. BBK returned with Y02, another phone watch for children, but with improved water resistance and durability.
Prototypes for Wearable Fitness Devices
Rapid prototyping helps to test your product quickly and keep your costs down. With updates and revisions being an inherent part of the wearable market, quick turns and cooperative engineering support are key to improving your position and bottom line.
Partnering with a world-class prototype manufacturer like Power Design Services can make all the difference. Our advanced prototype assembly capabilities enable us to provide you with turnkey services to meet your unique needs. Being ISO 9000, ITAR Certified, assures our customers of our prototype and quick turn assembly quality. We can deliver special requests within 24 hours. Local pick-up and delivery in Silicon Valley is also available if you need it.
Our full-service solutions include material procurement, PCB design layout review, assembly / manufacturing, shipping and inventory management. Hundreds of manufacturers of medical devices, aerospace, semiconductor testing and manufacturing equipment, telecommunications and industrial equipment rely on our expertise to give them a competitive edge. The Halo headset featured in the Rio Olympics and Telemetry Solutions GPS Tracking System for Wildlife are two of many other groundbreaking products we have helped bring to the market.
Consult our team about how to maximize wearable fitness device trends by reducing your prototype development and assembly time and costs.
Request a quote for prototype assembly. Call Power Design Services at 408-437-1931 today.
*Source: www.idc.com article: Worldwide Wearables Market Increases 67.2% Amid Seasonal Retrenchment